IPRH holds lectures, symposia, and other events on a wide variety of topics every year.
IPRH holds some event every year, including a themed event series based on the year's them, Digital Humanities Brownbag Workshops, and Undergraduate Inside Scoop evnts. You can see these, and other upcoming events, on the IPRH calendar.
All IPRH public events are free and open to the campus and the community unless otherwise noted.
IPRH strives to meet the accessibility needs of its audience members. We encourage those who will require disability-related accommodations in order to participate in an IPRH-organized event to please contact at IPRH at firstname.lastname@example.org or 217-244-3344 well in advance of the event, so we may have sufficient opportunity to take measures to meet your access needs. For example, the fourth floor IPRH lecture hall is equipped with an assistive listening system, but if you require a sign language interpreter there is a minimum of two weeks notice needed to schedule that service. If you have any concerns about participating in an IPRH event, please contact us as soon as possible to discuss your needs.
Campus Humanities Calendar
The Campus Humanities Calendar is a resource for humanities units at the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign to promote their events to a wider campus audience. Campus units can submit events to the Campus Humanities Calendar using the Campus Humanities Calendar Submission Form. Events will be added to the calendar by the end of the week. Events added to the calendar will also be added to the weekly humanities e-bulletin with events for the week, which IPRH will send out at the beginning of the week.
In order to ensure that your entry is added to the calendar please observe the following guidelines:
- Your event should be humanities or arts related.
- Your event must be submitted before noon the Friday prior to the event at the latest to guarantee that it will appear on the calendar and in the e-bulletin.
- If you have a series of related events (e.g. a lecture series), please enter each event separately.
- We will not limit postings based on event dates and potential conflicts with IPRH events. However, we would greatly appreciate your consideration when scheduling your events since one goal of a centralized humanities events calendar is to avoid scheduling conflicts when possible.
- Please double check your entry before submitting, as IPRH is not able to fact-check or copyedit indidual entries
If you have questions about the Campus Humanities Calendar or would like to update a submission you made, please contact IPRH Communications Coordinator Kelly Delahanty at IPRH-Communications@illinois.edu.
You can watch videos of some of IPRH's past events at our video page, and view photos of past events on our flickr page. To see a full list of past IPRH events visit the Events & Lecture history page.